In today’s market, selling your Langley home might seem like an easy endeavour, but that is not always the case. As a Langley REALTOR®, I understand that there is nothing more frustrating than being unable to sell your home. That is why I have come up with some Langley real estate home selling tips that will help you not only sell your home but also get top dollar for it.
1. Real Estate Curb Appeal
First impressions can mean everything when it comes to selling your home to a prospective Langley buyer. When it comes to creating unforgettable curb appeal, you should focus on:
· Landscaping – consider planting some colourful mature flowers or bushes, and make sure to keep your lawn well manicured.
· Front Door – consider giving your door a fresh coat of paint. You can also polish the doorknob and invest in a new welcome mat.
· Front Porch – no matter the season, you should always keep an eye out for any repairs that might be needed, such as loose cement or rotting wood.
2. Cleaning and De-cluttering
One of the easiest ways that you can help prospective Langley buyers envision their dream space is by providing them with a clean and clutter-free environment. Some of the things that you should consider when cleaning and de-cluttering your home include:
· Removing Personal Items – put away any family photos, souvenirs, knick-knacks, and personal items that might be cluttering up the space.
· Clean and Clear Off Surfaces – make sure to clear off counters, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms, by storing away small appliances and miscellaneous personal items.
· Create Ease of Movement – create easy foot traffic throughout your home by removing any extra furniture.
· Show Off Storage Space – clean out closets, basements, and garages, so that prospective buyers can see how much storage space your home has.
Lighting plays a vital role when it comes to getting your Langley home ready to sell. Consider brightening up those dingy spaces (dark hallways, rooms with little natural light, basement, and bathrooms) by using a minimum of a 2-bulb overhead fixture with maximum watt bulbs. In areas where there is no overhead lighting, you should consider adding in table lamps and floor lamps to help brighten up the space.
6. It is all in the Details
Before putting your Langley home on the market, you should replace all burnt out bulbs, touch up any nicks and dents in high traffic areas, replace torn screens, and fix leaking faucets. Once all your minor home repairs are completed, you can freshen up your home with clean linens in the bathrooms, a bowl of fresh fruit on the kitchen counter, and fresh flowers on the dining table.
If you are thinking about selling your Langley home, or if you would like to learn moreLangley real estate home selling tips, please contact me at 604-530-0231. Whether you are looking to sell or buy a house, townhouse, or condo, my professional team and I can help.